Sunday 1 May 2016

Term 2 - Looking Ahead!

"Change is inevitable, progress is optional" - Tony Robbins.

As I sit here, doing my final checks for next week, I made a note of some of the things that I am looking forward to coming this term:

Team-Teaching: my mentor and I have decided to move into a teaching partnership where we will be responsible for the design of learning and implementation together.  We are both very motivated by this change and are willing to give the unknown a go to see what we can make of it.

Term 2 Goal: I am looking to build my confidence in teaching numeracy in order to pass that confidence onto my learners.  One thing I noticed last term was that I was quite hesitant when teaching numeracy and I was not able to get into the learning pit with my learners as often as I wanted to.  Hopefully by concentrating and pushing myself to enjoy maths more, it will have the flow on effect.

Being comfortable, being uncomfortable: I laughed to myself when I heard my principal say this for the first time as this was something one of my previous leaders would say to me numerous times that I needed to find comfort in being uncomfortable.  I tend to be very task orientated and this can often be perceived as being rigid and inflexible.  What I am learning about my current teaching role is that collaboration does need to be fluid and this lends itself to having more of a growth mindset.

I have seen this video being presented a couple of times now and think it sums up how I should be approaching next term.


2 comments:

  1. I love the quote, it reflects your thought process well. I think it is important for us to stop sometimes and think about the positives and the things we are looking forward to, rather than get tied down stressing about the things we are dreading or still need to do! Look forward to hearing about your team teaching and numeracy work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss D! We have a similar mindset so will look forward to having more good chats this term about how we are tracking!

      Delete

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.