Friday 13 May 2016

PLG - Explainer Videos

It was back into Friday PLG's for Term Two today and we were fortunate enough to join other teachers in the cluster for a digital immersion day at Panmure Bridge Primary School.

The focus around this day was building our understanding of the create element of our pedagogy in order to help develop this skill for our learners with their learning.

We were challenged with the following:

"How often are you including opportunities for learners to CREATE to learn?"
"Where and how could you include increased opportunities to CREATE to learn?"

For me, I want to learn more about what my learners think about what it means to them to create something and how they could learn from this.  I feel getting this insight first would really help we as a hub team think about our design of learning and how we could look to promote this more within our planning.

The remainder of the day was spent on learning to create an explainer video around our inquiries.  Please note, I am a complete rookie to movie making so the below is a great benchmark for me to explore this area of learning more and it is very timely that we are having a iMovie 101 session next week!

On reflection, here are some notes for development:

  • I need to lift my game from stick figures!
  • I should look into building my recording skills - both presenting and the audio management!
Apart from that, I am stoked to have given this a go and am looking forward to building my skills!  Great connections with how my learners may feel at times when they are challenged in their learnings.  Bring on next week!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Heath,
    I love your video. Your tool sounds very exciting. I look forward to hearing mor about how it works and how your learners are responding to it.
    From
    Clarelle Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousMay 15, 2016

      Thanks Clarelle - I'm looking forward to trying it out so happy to share when it's in action!

      Delete

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.